ABOUT NKBA MEMBERSHIP
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) has been the heart of the kitchen and bath industry for more than 40 years. During that time, the NKBA has devoted substantial resources to better the industry that supports the Association by utilizing the services of dedicated staff and qualified, knowledgeable volunteers. The mission of the NKBA is to enhance member success and excellence, promote professionalism and ethical business practices and provide leadership and direction for the industry. All this has helped to make the National Kitchen & Bath Association the choice for the finest professionals in the kitchen & bath industry.
The NKBA is the proud owner of the Kitchen/ Bath Industry Show & Conference (K/BIS®), the world’s largest trade event dedicated to the kitchen and bath industry. At K/BIS professionals can be the first to see the year’s new products from top manufacturers, along with innovations by companies newly arrived to the industry.
Additionally, the NKBA offers professionals a valid and qualified networking stream. Meet with others serious about their craft at chapter meetings held throughout the United States and Canada, utilize online services when looking to hire new employees or to become a new employee yourself, and pick up consumer leads that are available only to NKBA members.
NKBA Professional Development Programs raise the bar for kitchen and bath professionals through course offerings, technical manuals and resource materials, educational conferences and a multi-level certification program.
• More than 100 professional development courses across the United States and Canada and online
• The premier distinction for kitchen and bath professionals, NKBA Certification includes Associate Kitchen & Bath Designer (AKBD), Certified Kitchen Designer (CKD), Certified Bath Designer (CBD) and Certified Master Kitchen & Bath Designer (CMKBD)
• Professional conferences featuring some of the biggest names in the industry
• Discounts on NKBA Professional Development Programs, business management tools and educational material including the brand new nine-volume NKBA Professional Resource Library (PRL)
The NKBA has a strong foundation which will enable you to strengthen and cultivate your professional relationships. With more than 65 chapters located throughout the United States and Canada, the NKBA is the ultimate source for kitchen and bath resources and the primary means of uniting the industry.
• Develop professional contacts and interact with like-minded business people
• Learn strategies and exchange leads to address the needs of your business
• Share best practices and create relationships
• Participate in networking opportunities at regional conferences and K/BIS
• Post and respond to job listings in the Member Center on www.nkba.org
NKBA Members are encouraged to serve as volunteer leaders on national boards, councils, program advisory councils, industry segment councils, and local chapters and participate in leadership training. Involvement allows individuals to directly contribute and benefit from the growth of the kitchen and bath industry’s leading Association.
• Serve as a member advocate and a representative for your peers to the Association
• Earn recognition by your peers for your successes and accomplishments
• Serve as a mentor to student members to develop potential and build skills
• Learn and sharpen skills to become a better volunteer, a better manager and a better leader
• Represent your industry segment and help to plot the course of your Association
NKBA Membership allows you to strengthen your brand by aligning yourself with the NKBA and making your business more credible and more appealing to consumers. Through extensive marketing campaigns, targeted to both trade and consumer audiences, the NKBA continues to educate the public on the desirability of hiring Association members.
• Online Marketing Toolbox filled with promotional material and advertising templates located in the Member Center
• Use of the NKBA logo, the Association’s Trustmark recognized by consumers and professionals
• Complimentary subscription to Profiles Magazine, the Association’s quarterly member publication, and to Kitchen and Bath Ideas®, the official consumer publication of the NKBA
• Industry visibility, peer recognition and valuable publicity through the annual NKBA Design Competition
To join the NKBA, visit NKBA National’s web site here.